WisdomTree Declares Third Quarter Dividend Distributions 2017
Thursday 21st September '17
WisdomTree, the exchange-traded fund (“ETF”) and exchange-traded product (“ETP”) sponsor today announced the dividend distributions for the third quarter of 2017 of the WisdomTree UCITS ETFs, as detailed below:
Date: 21 September 2017
Ex-Date: 28 September 2017
Record Date: 29 September 2017
Payment Date: 10 October 2017
|Sub-Fund/Share Class||ISIN||Currency||Amount per Share|
|WisdomTree US Equity Income UCITS ETF||IE00BQZJBQ63||USD||0.1299|
|WisdomTree US Small Cap Dividend UCITS ETF||IE00BQZJBT94||USD||0.1227|
|WisdomTree US Quality Dividend Growth UCITS ETF - USD||IE00BZ56RD98||USD||0.0768|
Key points to note:
1. WisdomTree’s Equity Income ETFs tilt around defensive sectors such as energy, utilities and financials, offering an approach that hunts for valuation opportunities in different regional equity markets.
2. The yield premium attained with WisdomTree’s Equity Income approach was harnessed by three key components:
- By screening for the highest dividend-yielding segment of the stock market, all non-dividend payers were automatically excluded from the index, unlike market-cap weighted indices, where size will potentially expose investors to low yields or non-dividend payers.
- By weighting by total cash-dividends as opposed to just dividend yield, the risks to value traps were mitigated, as stocks demonstrating the largest cash dividends received the highest weight.
- Through the annual rebalance, sufficient scope allowed for value opportunities to emerge and for expensive growth stocks to be removed. Over several rebalancing cycles, a yield premium over market-cap weighted strategies is maintained, along with the potential for better risk-adjusted returns.
WisdomTree UCITS ETF Index yields vs comparative indices:
|Comparisons||Trailing 12M Dividend Yield|
|WisdomTree US Equity Income NTR Index (USD)||3.71%|
|S&P 500 NTR Index (USD)||2.00%|
|WisdomTree US SmallCap Dividend NTR Index (USD)||3.70%|
|Russell 2000 NTR Index (USD)||1.43%|
|WisdomTree U.S. Quality Dividend Growth NTR Index (USD)||2.17%|
|Dow Jones US Select Dividend NTR Index (USD)||3.70%|
Source: Bloomberg, WisdomTree as at 31 August 2017.
Notes to editors
About WisdomTree Europe Ltd.
WisdomTree Investments, Inc., through its subsidiaries in the US, Europe and Japan (collectively, "WisdomTree"), is an exchange traded fund ("ETF") and exchange traded product ("ETP") sponsor. WisdomTree offers products covering equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities and alternative strategies. Through WisdomTree Europe Ltd, it sponsors WisdomTree UCITS ETFs and Boost short and leverage ETPs. WisdomTree currently has approximately $45 billion (as of 31 August 2017) in assets under management globally. For more information, please visit www.wisdomtree.com.
WisdomTree® is the marketing name for WisdomTree Investments, Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.