WisdomTree Declares 4th Quarter Dividend Distributions
Thursday 21st January '16
Nik Bienkowski, Co-CEO
London, Thursday, 21 January 2016: WisdomTree, the exchange-traded fund (“ETF”) and exchange-traded product (“ETP”) sponsor today announced the dividend distributions for the 4th quarter of 2015 of the WisdomTree UCITS ETFs, as detailed below:
Announcement Date: 30 December 2015
Ex-Date: 07 January 2016
Record Date: 08 January 2016
Payment Date: 19 January 2016
|Sub-Fund/Share Class||ISIN||Currency||Amount per Share||Trailing 12M Dividend Yield|
|WisdomTree US Equity Income UCITS ETF (DHS)||IE00BQZJBQ63||USD||0.1375||3.39%|
|WisdomTree US Small Cap Dividend UCITS ETF (DESE)||E00BQZJBT94||USD||0.1242||2.91%|
|WisdomTree Europe Equity Income UCITS ETF (EEI)||IE00BQZJBX31||EUR||0.0842||5.27%|
|WisdomTree Europe Small Cap Dividend UCITS ETF (DFE)||IE00BQZJC527||EUR||0.0425||2.75%|
|WisdomTree Emerging Markets Equity Income UCITS ETF (DEM)||IE00BQQ3Q067||USD||0.0877||5.52%|
|WisdomTree Emerging Markets Small Cap Dividend UCITS ETF (DGSE)||IE00BQZJBM26||USD||0.0301||3.62%|
Key points to note include:
1. WisdomTree’s equity income ETFs tilted around defensive and politically sensitive sectors such as energy, utilities and financials, offering a deep value investment proposition following the marked correction in commodity markets.
2. The yield premium attained with WisdomTree’s equity income approach was harnessed by three key components:
• By screening for a segment of the highest dividend yielding segment of the stock market, all non-dividend payers were automatically excluded from the index, unlike market-cap orientated indices, where size will potentially expose investors to low yields or non-dividend payers.
• By weighting by total cash-dividends as opposed to just dividend yield, the risks to value traps were mitigated, as stocks demonstrating the largest cash dividends received the highest weight.
• Through the annual rebalance, sufficient scope allowed for value opportunities to emerge and for expensive growth threats to be removed. Over several rebalancing cycles, a yield premium over market-cap orientated strategies maintained, along with the potential for better risk-adjusted returns.
Distributions rolled forward
Please note that distributions for the following funds will be rolled forward to a later distribution date:
• WisdomTree Emerging Asia Equity Income UCITS ETF (DEMA)
• WisdomTree Germany Equity UCITS ETF - GBP Hedged (DXGP)
• WisdomTree Germany Equity UCITS ETF - USD Hedged (DXGE)
• WisdomTree Europe Equity UCITS ETF - GBP Hedged (HEDP)
• WisdomTree ISEQ 20 UCITS ETF (Ireland)* (ISEQ)
• WisdomTree UK Equity Income UCITS ETF (WUKD)
*the Fund distributes semi-annually.
WisdomTree UCITS ETF dividend yields vs. comparative indices:
Source: Bloomberg, WisdomTree as at 31 December 2015
Notes to Editors
About WisdomTree Europe Ltd.
WisdomTree Investments, Inc., through its subsidiaries in the U.S. and Europe, including WisdomTree Europe Ltd based in London, is an exchange-traded fund (“ETF”) and exchange-traded product (“ETP”) sponsor and asset manager. WisdomTree offers products covering equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities and alternative strategies. Through WisdomTree Europe Ltd, it sponsors WisdomTree UCITS ETFs and BOOST short and leverage ETPs. WisdomTree currently has approximately $52.4 billion (as of 31 December 2015) in assets under management globally. For more information, please visit www.wisdomtree.com.
WisdomTree® is the marketing name for WisdomTree Investments, Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
WisdomTree Europe Ltd is an appointed representative of Mirabella Financial Services LLP which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The products discussed in this document are issued by WisdomTree Issuer PLC (the “Issuer”), an umbrella investment company with variable capital having segregated liability between its funds and organised under the laws of Ireland as a public limited company. The Issuer has been authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland (the “CBI”) as a UCITS pursuant to the European Communities (Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities) Regulations, 2003 (as amended) and shall issue a separate class of shares ("Shares”) representing each fund.
The Shares are products involving a significant degree of risk and may not be suitable for all types of investor. Any decision to invest should be based on the information contained in the Prospectus. The price of any securities may go up or down and an investor may not get back the amount invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Any historical performance included in this document may be based on back testing. Back testing is the process of evaluating an investment strategy by applying it to historical data to simulate what the performance of such strategy would have been. However, back tested performance is purely hypothetical and is provided in this document solely for informational purposes. Back tested data does not represent actual performance and should not be interpreted as an indication of actual or future performance.
This document may contain independent market commentary prepared by WTE based on publicly available information. WisdomTree Europe does not warrant, guarantee or otherwise confirm the accuracy or correctness of any information contained herein and any opinions related to product or market activity may change. This marketing information is intended for professional clients & sophisticated investors (as defined in the glossary of the FCA Handbook) only.