WisdomTree launched its first ETFs in the United States in June of 2006 and in Europe in October of 2014. A smart beta innovator, WisdomTree pioneered the concepts of fundamentally weighted indexes and active ETFs—and is currently an industry leader in both categories. WisdomTree strategies span asset classes and countries around the world.
In Europe, WisdomTree offers UCITS ETFs as well as ETPs, under the Boost brand. The UCITS ETFs focus on Dividend Growth, Equity Income, Small Cap, Currency Hedged strategies and Enhanced Broad Commodities while the Boost ETPs include short & leverage ETCs and other ETNs across asset classes.
WisdomTree is always looking for the highest calibre talent in the industry. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, fast paced environment we encourage you to browse our open positions and apply. WisdomTree is an equal opportunity employer.
CVS: Please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
WisdomTree is looking for an Events Associate with a minimum 3 years of industry experience. You will be involved with the planning, execution and delivery of strategic events, across the full calendar year. The successful candidate will sit within the marketing team and will be expected to monitor and evaluate the events programme, whilst looking to drive continuous improvement.
- Supporting the delivery of events in line with business objectives and priorities to the agreed quality and standard
- Assisting in the organisation and implementation of proprietary events, third-party exhibitions and conferences
- Co-ordinating communications and event registrations, pre-, during and post-events
- Assisting with the management of suppliers throughout the event lifecycle
- Keeping events in line with set budget, invoicing and final reconciliation of individual events
- Confidently managing events on site, such as delegate attendance, registration and client queries throughout event, as well as providing onsite support to the team
- Managing stock levels of marketing collateral and conference merchandise for events
- Must have a minimum of three years, of events experience gained in preferably a financial services environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be educated to degree level.
- Must have strong organisational skills, an ability to multi-task whilst maintaining an excellent attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Specific marketing or events qualifications would be advantageous.
- Able to travel overseas.
- German and /or Italian languages would be beneficial but are not essential.
- Responsible to build and communicate the investment case for WisdomTree investment strategies
- Perform quantitative research to build asset allocation or comparative research on exchange traded products and Indexes
- Assist in approval of all types of WisdomTree content
- Develop new asset class research into ground-breaking new strategies such as AT1 Contingent Convertible bonds where WisdomTree was the first to launch a UCITs compliant access vehicle
- Partner with the European Sales Team to drive business growth across Wisdom Tree’s investment solutions
Key Accountabilities and Scope
- Liaise regularly with colleagues overseas in support of our activities in the US, Israel, Latin America and Asia Pacific
- Help to distinguish the Company from its competitors and build awareness, understanding and preference for our differentiated investment approach
- Identify appropriate opportunities for development of new content, which could be blogs, white papers, investment cases, presentations and others
- Perform customized research that could be inspired by new product development ideas or client questions
- Work with internal stakeholders to co-ordinate approval of any and all types of collateral and messaging
- Help to figure out how WisdomTree strategies are positioned on the competitive spectrum against active managers as well as other exchange traded products
- Help organize and run sales team training sessions to update the sales team on new strategies as well as market events that could help make existing strategies more attractive
- Speak to the media as appropriate opportunities arise in helping to craft the narrative on WisdomTree’s market views and investment strategies
- Speak to clients via phone and in person as a subject matter expert to help inspire understanding of WisdomTree’s approaches
- Make sure WisdomTree’s market views and product information are up-to-date
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of related industry experience
- CF30 certification a plus but not required
- Progress toward CFA designation (or other professional designation such as CAIA or CMT) a plus but not required
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SQL or Python experience a plus but not required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Mastering another European language,a strong plus but not required
- Experience working with or analysing ESG strategies a plus but not required
- Experience working with or analysing fixed income strategies a plus but not required
- Must strive in entrepreneurial environment, and demonstrate a passion for success
- Drives sales and business development effort for Nordic clients, as specified by the account breakdown. Identify, grow and deepen existing relationships particularly with the key gatekeepers within the top tier accounts
- Engage with key contacts and sponsors at the main institutional investors, educate on existing and new products, their structure, benefits and usage, etc
- Proactively seek new clients and obtain meetings with key individuals at the main institutional investors which include customer segments private wealth and banking, institutional fund managers, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies
- Help develop business plan encompassing research, events, PR and marketing product development
Key Accountabilities and Scope
- Manage progress against annual gross creation target
Sales / Business Development
- Introduce and deepen relationships with existing client base, establishing new client relationships
- Manage distribution lists to set clients
- Help develop business plan using marketing and research as a tool:
- Outline how sales, marketing, research activities will be coordinated
- Overview of events for next year
- Aid with PR messaging
- Promote all services ETFS offers in The Nordics and show clients all aspects and added value we can offer (research, product development/tax, Capital Markets team)
CRM / Client Data
- Cleanse existing contacts and apply client tiering
- Ensure all relevant contacts, meetings, notes and actions are entered timely and accurately
- Record client interest and set up list/groups in CRM
- Continue to learn about ETFS products and improve knowledge about products, structure, regulatory requirements in detail
Skills and Qualifications
- A comprehensive understanding of the Nordic investor landscape and relevant local client base
- Proven business development capabilities, winning new clients and demonstration of relationship management
- An appreciation of the different approaches required for institutional clients and ideally selling relevant ETP products across teams in these institutions
- Knowledge of ETPs and their appeal to investors
- Appreciation of the operational function behind the sale
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial and innovative individual
- Strong academics
- Strong communication and numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain relationships are paramount, team player
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Outgoing and sociable
- Languages: English (fluent), Swedish/Finnish an advantage
We’re looking for a senior full stack developer to design and build scalable, cloud native applications for an Exchange Traded Fund provider. You will be building order management, pricing and digital marketing applications and should have a real passion for technology and how it can drive a business forward.
- AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, DynamoDB, SQS)
- Node.js, React.js application development
- TDD & desire to write clean well documented code
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with Node.js and Docker is essential
- Real interest in gaining Python or Go experience a plus
- Enjoys building end-to-end solutions including UIs in React.js/Angular.js
- Previously coached other members of the teams
Nice to have
- Python or Golang
- Serverless (Lambda)
We are committed to sponsoring AWS certification or other qualifications for successful candidates